Job Type: Full Time, Mon-Fri Local applicants only Location: Draper, UT – Remote until COVID-19 restrictions are lifted, then full time, onsite
WildWorks creates interactive entertainment for kids that’s fun, substantive, and beautiful. Founded in 2003 by game industry veterans (originally as “Smart Bomb Interactive”), WildWorks builds and publishes blockbuster mobile, social and online games; including the #1 online playground for kids in the U.S., Animal Jam, which incorporates rich factual content about science and animals, and provides a safe environment for kids to “Play Wild”. WildWorks, headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, includes the best multimedia artists, engineers, designers, safety experts, and community support staff now working in interactive media.
- Create a wide variety of high quality character, creature, environment, and prop concepts that help define the visual style of the game.
- Deliver highly polished concept paintings and idea sketches in a timely manner to be used for production and marketing.
- Collaborate and iterate on game assets with production artists via paintovers, studies, and group critiques.
- Paint illustrative elements to be used in our UI.
- Providing feedback, maintaining documentation, and communicating with the team and leads on a daily basis.
- Online portfolio demonstrating your digital art proficiency.
- 2+ years of experience in the games industry as a concept artist.
- Expert in 2D software packages, such as Photoshop, Procreate, etc.
- Able to adapt to the distinct art style of the game.
- Ability to receive and implement feedback.
- Highly creative and skilled in designing both organic and hard surface objects and characters
- Strong foundational drawing and painting skills including composition, design, perspective, and color theory.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proficiency in major 3D software packages such as Maya and ZBrush.
- Experience with Unity or similar game engines.
- Strong organizational skills, able to work independently.
- A love of games and a passion for their creation.
Required Application Materials
- A link to your online demo reel or portfolio demonstrating your ability.
- Cover Letter – which should include:
- Why you are interested in joining the WildWorks team.
- What development experiences / skills are you excited to bring to the team.
- What do you geek out about?
Please send your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a full-time, on-site position in our Draper, UT studio.
No agents or third-party submissions, please.