Community Manager – Animal Jam
This is a full-time, salaried position, local and U.S. remote applications will be considered.
WildWorks is an interactive entertainment studio devoted to creating ridiculously fun games for kids, tweens, and teens. We produce content around themes we’re passionate about: animals, art, education, games, and technology. By combining innovative technologies with our unique sense of creativity and love of play, we create award-winning digital playgrounds which draw players in and encourage them to stay and build communities.
We’re looking for a Community Manager to help manage the community experience for Animal Jam and Animal Jam – Classic, our award-winning digital playgrounds for kids. This talented individual will be responsible for effectively managing our community team staff and fostering opportunities for our player community to feel engaged and connected with our games.
If you love making things millions of kids will enjoy and you want to work on a revolutionary gaming project, this is an opportunity to join an elite team and create the future of kid’s digital media. This position will report to our Director of Community Operations.
- Onboard, train, lead, mentor, manage, and work alongside the community team for a global kid’s MMO
- Effectively liaise with our customer support, billing, and moderation teams to ensure the player support experience is cohesive
- Develop and execute best practices and strategies for:
- Building and maintaining a positive and non-toxic gaming community
- In-game moderation and discipline structure
- Sensitive issues responses such as self harm / grooming / suicide / bullying / safety
- Creating the best chat, safety, and player support experiences for the community and demographic
- Conceive, plan, collaborate, and organize ways to build, retain, and engage community including:
- Live streams, developer updates, AMAs, sneak peeks
- Community social media initiatives and contests
- In-game events, influencer relationship management, etc
- Live community events
- Work with our game team to understand production milestones, releases, and schedules to help inform community planning and messaging
- Establish KPIs to measure performance, insights, and trends, and report them regularly
- Collaborate with our Marketing teams to deliver on business goals and initiatives on social
- Bring the voice of the community to the development team and company as a whole
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with our influencers
- Conduct regular meetings with teams to advocate team member needs with developers
- Significant previous community management experience, preferably in gaming, MMOs, etc
- Social media channel management experience: YouTube, blogs, etc
- Advanced written and oral communication skills with ability to embody brand voice
- You are self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
- Methodical, diplomatic, organized, positive, and passionate professional comportment
- Experience as a calming and positive influence on staff, peers, and players in the face of adversity
- Experience with managing calendars and content
- Experience leading large teams
- Working knowledge of Jira, Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite, HootSuite, Buffer, and Sprout Social
- Prior experience with Community tools, filters, etc. (e.g. Crisp, Inversoft, Community Sift, etc.)
- Working knowledge of COPPA, GDPR, and other relevant regulations
- Deep familiarity with (and enthusiasm for) youth culture
- Worked with under 13 communities/children
- Gamer, and proud of it
- Passion for improving the digital media landscape for young people
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. This is a full-time, salaried position local and U.S. remote applications will be considered. No agents or third-party submissions – at all, not even one, no exceptions.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter – which should include:
- Why you are interested in joining the WildWorks team.
- What development experiences / skills are you excited to bring to the team.
- What do you geek out about?
Please send your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Community Manager” in the subject line.