Video Production Editor (Intern)
Our Marketing team is seeking a talented and passionate intern for video production.
Remote and/or onsite
380 Data Dr, Draper, UT
WildWorks is a gaming studio devoted to creating ridiculously fun games for kids, tweens, and teens. We produce content we’re passionate about: gaming, technology, and education. By combining innovative technologies with our unique sense of creativity and love of gaming, we create award-winning online playgrounds which draw players in and encourage them to stay and enjoy themselves, including the #1 online playground for kids in the U.S., Animal Jam. WildWorks brings together internationally acclaimed artists, engineers, designers, educators, online safety experts, media and marketing professionals from many different disciplines. Together we create fun with substance, from online casual games to cutting-edge mobile titles.
We are looking for a capable, creative and collaborative Video Production Editor to join our marketing creative department. This is a critical and visible position that has the potential to have a tremendous impact on our players and brands in market. We are looking for someone who has a passion for creating videos and thrives in a creative environment. You will be ideating, planning, capturing, and editing game trailers and brand videos, while collaborating with game, marketing & community teams to create high-quality videos that resonate with our audiences. This person is will develop videos for WildWorks properties to fulfill the brand strategy and marketing campaigns. Must be a creative team-player with production, post-production and editing experience. Ideal candidate has a passion for games, storytelling, takes direction, creatively solves problems and thrives on executing high quality videos on time. This is an exciting opportunity to join an established game studio, with growing consumers game brands where your work will have a significant impact.
- Video production planning and execution thru stages of concept, shooting, editing, animated motion graphics and audio integration.
- Based on brand guidelines & video briefs, conceptualize videos for a variety of videos including trailers, UA ads, teasers, tips & hits, highlight reels and more.
- Stage, capture, cut, log and trim game-play footage and screen shots for multiple WildWorks games.
- Setup, direct, and capture custom in-game scenes and cinematics, if needed.
- Edit engaging videos and process creative input from multiple stakeholders.
- Coordinate with internal team members to incorporate relevant assets including brand imagery, motion graphics, animations, cinematics, and audio to create high quality video content.
- Manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Organize and manage all video content library including, captured footage from both internal and external libraries.
- Coordinate and assist with external video production vendors on any special video and/or animated marketing projects, if needed.
- Manage any required equipment, hardware, and software for capture, and identify new tools to help improve capture processes.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and liaise with game teams and developers, if needed.
- At least 1-2 years professional video production & editing experience.
- Must provide an online portfolio demonstrating relevant experience with gameplay capture, video editing and motion graphics.
- Experience manipulating cameras, animations, and game assets in Unity.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, Adobe Premiere, After Effects, or Final Cut Pro.
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment and within an iterative design process.
- Ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment where priorities often change.
- A strong desire to delight viewers, fans and potential new audiences.
- Strong attention to details.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Self-starter who is deadline driven.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- English proficiency with strong grammatical and writing skills.
- AA, BFA or BA degree preferred with film or broadcast focus.
- Experience developing videos for games or entertainment properties.
- Experience using Unity Editor for game capture.
- Experience with game capture software such as OBS, Camtasia or others.
- Experience with 3D assets and 3DS Max.
- Experience with JIRA and G-suite applications.
- Familiarity with online social media platforms such as YT and Twitch.
- Familiarity with social media video campaign metrics.
- Enthusiastic about gaming.
Required Application Materials
- An online demo reel or portfolio demonstrating your ability.
- Cover Letter – which should include:
- Why you are interested in joining the WildWorks team
- What required experiences / skills are you excited to bring to the team
- What do you geek out about?
- Provide a link or access to portfolio of work showcasing outstanding creative execution.
Please send your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a part-time internship, remote and/or on-site position in our Draper, UT studio pending office re-opening in compliance with COVID-19 safety policies.
No agents or third-party submissions, please.