Marketing Artist (Intern)
Our Marketing team is looking for a rockin’ illustrator intern!
Remote and/or onsite
380 Data Dr, Draper, UT
WildWorks is a gaming studio devoted to creating ridiculously fun games for kids, tweens, and teens. We produce content we’re passionate about: gaming, technology, and education. By combining innovative technologies with our unique sense of creativity and love of gaming, we create award-winning games which draw players in and encourage them to stay and enjoy themselves.
We're looking for a creative, capable and passionate illustrator to help market the award-winning, Animal Jam! As a member of the marketing team, you'll work alongside a dedicated group of marketers, writers and artists alike. The ideal candidate is adept at vector illustration, with a proven ability to create beautiful and stylized artwork within Adobe Illustrator, and able to take direction and make smart creative choices. As a marketing illustrator, you'll be expected to demonstrate a passion for developing high quality material for our audiences.
- Use Adobe Illustrator to craft fun, beautiful, and clean marketing assets that fit brand guidelines.
- Work closely with a team of writers, artists, and community and marketing managers to make meaningful connections with our current and future audiences.
- Develop images to show off new game features, world events and contests based on requests from marketing, social media, community, game design and potential external partners.
- Specific responsibilities will include developing social media images, in-game news and promotions visuals, app store icons and screen shots.
- Leverage available art assets to creatively compile and collage imagery that builds awareness and inspires engagement from our current and potential new players.
- Contribute great ideas and positive energy to all aspects of marketing our brand.
- A portfolio demonstrating your strong illustration ability, with emphasis on vector images.
- Able to resourcefully re-use existing assets in fresh, exciting ways.
- Able to work with others to explore a wide variety of ideas.
- Able to build assets within brand guidelines.
- Passionate about making games.
- Self-motivated, team player with a strong work ethic.
- Commitment to personal and peer development, as well as to sharing best practices.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic, creative and professional work culture.
- Experience with mobile, social or children's games.
- A degree, formal art education, or equivalent work experience.
- Can create a wide variety of art, including props, characters, and environments.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Adobe After Effects experience.
- Familiarity working remote with Slack, Google, Jira, etc.
Required Application Materials
- An online demo reel or portfolio demonstrating your ability.
- Cover Letter – which should include:
- What development experiences / skills are you excited to bring to the team.
- Why you are interested in joining the WildWorks team.
- What do you geek out about?
Please send your application materials to email@example.com
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a part-time internship, remote and/or on-site position in our Draper, UT studio pending office re-opening in compliance with COVID-19 safety policies.
No agents or third-party submissions, please.