380 Data Dr, Draper, UT
WildWorks creates interactive entertainment for kids that’s fun, substantive, and beautiful. Founded in 2003 by game industry veterans (originally as “Smart Bomb Interactive”), WildWorks builds and publishes blockbuster mobile, social and online games; including the #1 online playground for kids in the U.S., Animal Jam, which incorporates rich factual content about science and animals, and provides a safe environment for kids to “Play Wild”. WildWorks, headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah, includes the best multimedia artists, engineers, designers, safety experts, and community support staff now working in interactive media.
We're looking for a talented and passionate 3D Environment Modeler for our expanding library, which includes Animal Jam and unannounced new IP in the works. As a key member of our development team, you'll work alongside some of the best and brightest in the game industry. The ideal candidate is adept at 3D Environment Modeling, with a proven ability to create beautiful and stylized artwork, possesses the ability to take direction, and to make smart creative choices. As a 3D Environment Modeler, you'll be expected to demonstrate a passion for developing high quality games. You are very self-motivated, eager to learn, and expand your knowledge.
- Use Maya to craft beautiful and functional environment assets for use in iOS, Android, and Unity 3D.
- Work closely with a team of artists, designers, and engineers to bring our worlds to virtual life.
- Carefully test your work, and the work of others, to ensure a high level of stability and quality.
- Assist in refining and improving the art creation pipeline.
- Contribute great ideas and positive energy to all aspects of game development.
- An online demo reel or portfolio demonstrating your ability.
- Strong 3D modeling skills in Maya, with the ability to translate 2D to 3D.
- Able to work with others to explore a wide variety of ideas.
- Passionate about making games.
- Self-motivated team player with a strong work ethic.
- Commitment to personal and peer development, and sharing best practices.
- Experience with mobile, social or children's games.
- A degree, formal art education, or equivalent work experience.
- Can create a wide variety of art, including props, clothing, environments, and VFX.
- Familiarity with Unity.
- Scripting proficiency.
- Multidisciplinary experience in game design, art or production.
Required Application Materials
- A link to your online demo reel or portfolio demonstrating your ability.
- Cover Letter – which should include:
- Why you are interested in joining the WildWorks team.
- What development experiences / skills are you excited to bring to the team.
- What do you geek out about?
Please send your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a full-time, on-site position in our Draper, UT studio.
No agents or third-party submissions, please.